Motorsport at the Palace - Monday

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Seth

Motorsport at the Palace - Monday

#1 Post by Seth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 am

Had a really good time at Crystal Palace on Monday for the second running of the sprint event at this historic venue. Such a good variety of cars competing from Vintage through to modern, road to full race, and everything in between.

karlsgazelle

Re: Motorsport at the Palace - Monday

#2 Post by karlsgazelle » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 am

Quality photos!
Especially the action shots. What camera did you use, i I may ask?

Thanks
Karl

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#3 Post by Mrotwoman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 am

I really like that aero-screened 2CV,and the Gilbern invader..but not so much the wheels.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am

Wow! Great photography as ever. Was this-
a genuine Sprint or a mini that someone cut about a bit to look like one?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman

#5 Post by Mrotwoman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:45 pm

What's a Mini sprint John ?
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Seth

#6 Post by Seth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I don't know if it was a genuine Sprint. Its listed as a 1969 Sprint in the programme, with a 1380 engine. Mrot, A Mini Sprint is a Mini chopped up to look like that one! ;) http://www.minisprint.eu/page2.html
karlsgazelle wrote:Quality photos!
Especially the action shots. What camera did you use, i I may ask?
Thanks Karl. I use a Canon EOS 40D SLR and was trying out a new-to-me lens on Monday, a pretty ancient Canon autofocus 70-210 F4.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Recipe as follows:
Take one mini, slice it along the waist line and along the length of the roof, section and adjust the screen pillars, then shuffle all the bits that are left over, add extra slabs of steel to fit as required and weld it all back together, minus the visible seams.
Like this:

The story be HERE which answers my question, the blue one, although a stunning car in its way, isn't an original, Neville Trickett one.

Edited: The above took me more than 6 minutes, hence the apparent duplication of stuff, sorry Seth. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman

#8 Post by Mrotwoman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Cheers dawgs,I didn't know such a thing existed.