Bangernomics Forum is back bigger and better than ever!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Joloke

Bangernomics Forum is back bigger and better than ever!

#1 Post by Joloke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

HI Guyz

I haven't been on here for quite some time since I sold my Little Rover Mini Sprite :cry:

I then went onto nearly new motoring for the past couple of years but have recently come back to the fold of Retro Motoring so to speak with a Mercedes 190d of 92 vintage :)

I bought this car for Banger money basically which leads me to this post......

Ive also been a member of the Bangernomics Forum for a few years but alas it was slowly dying a death so I approached the founder of the site James Ruppert with an offer of helping to revamp it,to my surprise he asked if id like to take it over? :shock: :shock: :shock:

So i took up the gauntlet and myself and a good friend who is a wiz with all things I.T. have totally transformed it adding a plethora of extra sections and bringing it hopefully into the 21st century ;)

If there are any members here that fall into the Bangernomics way of life of buying and running a car for £1000 or less please come and check us out :)

Its not a classic car forum as such but who knows though your classics may not fall into this category your Everyday Hacks may well do?

If you want to check it out click on the Banner Below

Thanks for your time guyz

Jodie :)

SirTainleyBarking

Re: Bangernomics Forum is back bigger and better than ever!

#2 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Jodie,
Just a suggestion to get a bit more interest.
All I got when following the link was two posts about forum guidelines and the like.
Couldn't actually see the rest of the forum and lurk for a while, before registering,
I'm sure its a great forum, but IMHO you'll get more traffic and registrations if you let people see what you're about first

(And yes, I'm a buy it sub £1000, percieved end of life and confound that by decent maintenance kind of guy. The Nissan I used to run was £350, I got a good 4 years out of it, before rampant inside out rot reared its ugly head which needed several square feet of metal welding in)
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm

hi jodie, had a quick lookie & it seems interesting, although a bit confusing... (not difficult for me)
ill try & join later!! as ive ran cars that make those on the site seem like just out of the show room :D

Joloke

#4 Post by Joloke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks Guyz

Ill have a word with my tech regarding opening it so guests can see,i think it was closed because there were more guests than members :lol:

It is worth joining though and the more members the more momentum it will take and hopefully make people think that you dont need a big budget to run a car ;)