Rubber grommit needed for Allegro Rad

Post your technical queries / problems here!
mark912

Rubber grommit needed for Allegro Rad

#1 Post by mark912 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 am

Any one know if you can get hold of the rubber gommit for the Radiator on an Allegro.. for the temp sender

I was lucky enough to find a Rad NOS one for the car but noticed it will need this rubber grommit for the rad and sender unit??

Any leads would be good other wise I will have to look to try and make a runnver mould I guess

mark912

Re: Rubber grommit needed for Allegro Rad

#2 Post by mark912 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:25 pm

??? :?:

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#3 Post by mr rusty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 pm

£1.81 from Earlpart.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

mark912

#4 Post by mark912 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 pm

:shock: wow thank you so much thanks.. I have a rad for the car an NOS one from a chap on ebay but it has issues.. apart from a few vaines being bent over I had to work in it alot!!

the vaines was shown in the pic and yes there where a few and prob 10 mins will sort that.. what was not said in the discription was the fact that other side was more dmamaged to a level that took me well over an hour to fix and then I discovered the damaged core !!!! again not informed about that on ebay listing.. not a happy bunny and as I have also taken the time to also repaint the rad I then found out to add insult to injury that the area where the temp sender unit goes is damaged and dented and then to add to that the over flow pipe is bent !!! all for £69.99 I am already 1 can of paint satin black in £4.95 over 1.5hrs of work and feeling abit of a fool for putting up with it when the guys sat there with my money.. he has said he would give a full refund but he is already saying he is not going to refund post !! I may have to request a charge back from paypal to force the issue. This is not cricket in the discription and the flipent view of oh well I didn't say it would only take 5 mins to sort the vaines " yes you did " and then you didnt show the other side that was way more damaged!!! and tape that was over the hole to the sender unit covering the damage!!

grrrrr :evil: